Sales Channel Management System
A sales channel management system is considered being part of the core systems in a company. There are very few sales channel management systems which include all aspects of sales channel management, and it may be a combination of systems,
A sales channel management system is considered being part of the core systems in a company. The system has got following typical features:
Sales Channel set-up and configuration
- Direct sales staff
- Indirect sales channels
- Different type of in-direct sales channels.
- Sales sub-channels within a channel. Multi-Level hierarchy.
- Types of products which a channel can sell
- Geographies in which this channel can operate.
- Services which this channel can provide.
- Sales Channel hierarchy and reporting structure
Sales compensation system can be a separate add-on OR a new system. Please refer sales compensation system topic in Sales Compensation Management.
Sales channel status management
- Barred for doing certain activities for a certain period of time.
Sales outlet management
- Sales outlet status (Active, inactive)
- Sales outlets category1 (owned, exclusive third party, non-exclusive 3rd party)
- Sales outlet category 2 (Full sales cum service centre, sales centre, sales representative outlet, kiosk..)
Sales Channel Acquisition and Attrition
- Sales channel contracts and business rules
- Sales channel acquisition status, and activity work-flow
- Sales channel attrition activities and work-flow