Sales Compensation administration
Sales compensation administration is like payroll. Its a hygiene factor. No one notices if it is working well. Hell breaks loose if it does not. \n
Sales compensation administration is like payroll. it is a hygiene factor. No one notices, if it is works well. Hell breaks loose, if it does not.
Sales compensation administration includes:
- Calculation of sales compensation.
- Issuance of cheques, direct credit interfaces.
- Communication to the sales team.
- Providing access to the sales compensation statements.
- Help-desk to provide any clarifications to the sales compensation related queries OR issues.
Sales compensation administration has to have following success factors:
- Timely: the cheques and credits should be done on the committed date and time of the day.
- Detailed statementing on how the calculation was reached.
- Providing sales staff, with tools to calculate the compensation themselves. This allows them to do scenario building on how much their compensation will be given certain sales performance.
- Detailed documentation (help guide OR readme) on how the compensation is calculated, the explanation of sales compensation reports, typical FAQs etc.