Sales force Training and Development
This page lists out specific trainings which a sales person will go through. Training is a on-going process and typically a new sales person, will cover this portfolio of training over a period of time and thereafter will go through a refresher learning on frequent basis.
Sales staff are the representative of a business which drive the P&L of the organization. We will cover the subject of training more thoroughly in our HR management section (planned to be released by end of Feb, 2008). This page lists out specific trainings which a sales person will go through. Training is a on-going process and typically a new sales person, will cover this portfolio of training over a period of time and thereafter will go through a refresher learning on frequent basis.
Sales Force Training includes the following:
Company Overview training
- Company financial and business results
- Company financial and business forecast
- Companies geographical and product portfolio foot-print
- Organization culture and Value Systems
- Product training for your own portfolio
- Competing products from within your own portfolio and their comparison.
- Competing products from competitors and their comparison.
Land-scape and competition
- Market Landscape including market potential, customer segments and customer profiles.
- Competition landscape.
- Key competitor strategies and how to beat them.
- Sales pitch and sales script training.
- Lead generation
- Sales follow-up and closure.
- Sales Negotiation
- Cross-Sell and Up-sell training.
- Post sales relationship management
- Sales logging process and associated forms.
- Understanding sales collateral.
- Sales fulfillment processes.
- A high level view of supply chain which does the sales delivery.
IT and MIS
- Training on using field systems
- Training on using basic productivity systems.
- Sales MIS
- Sales Rewards and Recognition.
Legalities and operational standards
- Legalities related to sales and products.
- Standards OR Business Conduct
- Grievance handling platforms
Sales Compensation and Rewards
- Sales compensation rules.
- How to read sales compensation statements.
- Sales Rewards and special bonuses
- Sales Recognitions
Sales Channel conflicts
- How to handle the conflicts with other sales staff and channels.
- Which products are allowed to be sold by the given sales channel and why(if needed)
Trainings will be having the following equipments and enablers
- Presentation Decks
- Sales person hand-books
- Audio Guides
- Video Guides
- Tests and Assessment (offline and online)
- Online chats, helpdesks
- Discussion databases and forums to ask questions and exchange notes.
- Training Buddies - the people beyond the formal trainers, to who a person can go and ask for guidance and help.
- Alerts and field tips being sent to the sales person on regular basis.