Sales Leads Management System
Lead management system is not a business intelligence tool, and therefore we are not going to list it in the 'Tools domain'. However we are going to have topics dedicated to the source systems linked to a given functional domain. As the quality and capability of a source system plays an important part in a good Business Intelligence delivery, understanding the typical features of a source system will help you in your Business Intelligence objectives.
Lead management system is not a business intelligence tool, and therefore we are not going to list it in the Tools domain. However, we are going to have topics dedicated to the source/OLTP/Transactional system linked to a given functional domain. As the quality and capability of a source system plays an important part in a good Business Intelligence delivery, understanding the typical features of a source system will help you in your Business Intelligence objectives.
Sales Leads management system has the following capability grouping:
Sales Lead Generation
- Creating/Opening a lead
- Updating the lead in terms of status
- Free form to capture the notes of the interactions with the customers
Maintaining Sales Leads Database
Maintaining the fields like location, source, class & categorization and other dimensions/attributes mentioned in various topics in this section.
Uploading of third party databases and doing validation checks.
- Having an internal capability OR ability to link-up with the data quality system for de-duplication and also correcting and enriching the leads data.
- Have a central leads status and follow-up database and if possible, integrated with sales system to pick-up the status in an automated manner.
Sales Lead Classification & Prioritization
- Building the models and business rules for automated classification and prioritization.
- Automated classification and prioritization.
- Allowing manual prioritization and classification.
Sales Lead Distribution
- Configuring of business rules related to distribution of leads
- Automated distribution as per the business rules.
- Allowing manual distribution.
Lead Tracking and follow-up
- Configuring of the business rules for escalation and alerts for leads, which are aging due to non-action.
- Automated status update for aged leads (for example- dead leads, which have aged beyond a given bench-mark)
- Linkage with other systems, to automatically update the leads status both ways.
- Ability to close the lead as per the automated rules.
- Allows the manual closure of the leads.
The system workflow, allows the lead to be taken through various stages and assigned to different people for action/approval throughout its movement from opening to closure.
Reporting and Analysis features on various KPI's, Measures and Dimensions mentioned throughout this section.
Integration with email, mobile and other publishing and messaging channels